Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God is so Amazing!!!






I found this blog today, and I truly feel like I was supposed to find it, called Bring the Rain, http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com/. Her name is Angie Smith and I could not quit reading her story. Her words, attitude, and relationship with God in the midst of a terrible loss made me realize that my relationship with Him is nowhere near where it should be. I desperately want that kind of a relationship with Him. Hayley and I just finished reading a book about relationships with God called "The Shack," and I highly recommend it. In the book they have such a close relationship with God that they call Him Papa. If you want to know more about the book, the website is http://www.theshackbook.com/.

Angie has 3 little girls and came up with these 7 prayers to pray over our babies throughout the day. That is what the 7x7 means: 7 prayers a day, 7 days a week. That is actually one of her little girls in the picture. I loved the prayers and want to do them for my babies, Hayden and Harper. I copied them from her website so you can do them to! Angie Smith gets all the credit.

1. When they wake up: "Let the morning bring (child's name) word of your unfailing love, for she has put her trust in You. Show (her/him) the way (she/he) should go, for to you (he/she) lifts up her soul." (Adapted from Psalm 143:8)

2. When they are getting dressed: "Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Lord, help (him/her) bear with others and forgive whatever grievances (he/she) has against others. Help (him/her) forgive as the Lord forgave (him/her). And over all these virtues, help (him/her) put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." (Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14)

3. While they are eating: "Teach (child's name) the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach (him/her) that (he/she) can do everything through him who gives (him/her) strength." (Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13)

4. When they go out of the house: "(Name of child), do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Adapted from Romans 12:2)

5. While they are taking a bath: Lord, give (name of child) clean hands and a pure heart, and let (him/her) not lift (his/her) soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let (him/her) receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God (his/her) Savior. Let (him/her) be part of the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob. (Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6)

6. When they are going to bed: "The Lord Your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, be will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

7. While they are sleeping: "I pray that (name of child) will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that he/she may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which he/she shines like a star in the universe as he/she holds out the word of life-in order that he/she may boast on the day of Christ that he/she did not run or labor for nothing." (Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16)


On another note, I was staring at Hayden as he slept in my arms the other day. I just kept thinking how beautiful and perfect he is. It is unimaginable how much his daddy and I love him. It is unending how much his daddy and I love him. Nothing that he can ever do will change how much we love him. And then it hit me, this is exactly how God feels about us! That kind of love is hard to grasp, until you have a baby. I believe that our babies, our angels, are given to us to help us understand just how much God loves us. Unconditional love. Hayden is not old enough to mess up yet, but when he does, we will still love him. We will be sad, but David and I will still love him just as much as we do today, if not more. We mess up, but thankfully God still loves us! Amazing! God is so Amazing!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, B. You are so right. I love the prayers. You brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, B, no matter what, your momma and daddy will always love you! 100% guaranteed! And 100 times more, God loves us, even when we mess up. No wonder they call it Amazing Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Blair, your words speak such truth and wisdom! I started the Shack but never finished...now I'm going to!

    ReplyDelete